The Small Town Transformations program is a Victorian Government initiative, delivered by Regional Arts Victoria.
These Guidelines outline the requirements for acknowledging the Victorian Government and Regional Arts Victoria support in all promotional material and at key events related to Small Town Transformations.
Name of Project
The Project shall be referred to as the #Project Name# Small Town Transformation in oral and written presentation, discussion and publication in the first instance. Once referred to as the #Project Name# Small Town Transformation, the Project may be referred to simply as #Project Name#, observing the acknowledgement requirements below.
The Project Leader must acknowledge the support of the Victorian Government and Regional Arts Victoria in all promotional and/or marketing materials relating to the Project. Any acknowledgement that is in printed form must incorporate the following logo (unless otherwise agreed in writing by Regional Arts Victoria):
The Logo Device which, at the date of this Agreement, comprises 2 elements: the Regional Arts Victoria Small Town Transformations logo, and the Victorian Government logo as shown in the examples below:
The Logo Devices above are available in electronic form here.
The Logo Devices cannot be edited, stretched, cropped, recoloured or split in any way.
To maintain the clarity and integrity of the logos, a minimum ‘clear space’ must be observed in all applications. Clear space creates an invisible frame that is a minimum area surrounding the brandmark that must remain free of any conflicting visual element. Wherever possible, apply additional clear space beyond the minimum requirement.
Minimum size specifications are provided to ensure the logos are reproduced effectively at a small size. Minimum size specifications must be observed in all applications. Where there is a question of the quality of reproduction, the logos must be used at a size larger than the minimum size.
Minimum Print Size
When using the Horizontal Logo Block - the minimum height is 10mm
When using the Stacked/Vertical logo block (see diagram on left) the minimum height will require that the Victoria State Government element of the logo is at least 10mm in height.
Minimum Digital Size
When using the Horizontal Logo Block - the minimum height is 60 pixels
When using the Stacked/Vertical logo block (see diagram on left) the minimum height will require that the Victoria State Government element of the logo is at least 60 pixels in height.
Click here for an example invitation.
Click here for an example poster.
The following text acknowledgement should be used in any speeches, media releases, interviews and other circumstances where use of a logo may not be possible:
“Small Town Transformations is a Victorian Government initiative.”
The appropriate Logo Device (whether horizontal or vertical) must be included on all promotional materials produced by the Organisation in relation to the Agreed Program.
These may include (but are not restricted to):
- Posters, fliers and brochures
- Information and education kits
- Programs and catalogues
The Logo Device is available in a variety of formats suitable for the range of promotional materials. Download the logos here.
- The Project Leader will invite the Victorian Government (through Regional Arts Victoria) to submit a full page advertisement free of charge for publication in a prominent position in all key publications including event programs and catalogues, as negotiated with Regional Arts Victoria.
- The Project Leader will invite the Victorian Government (through Regional Arts Victoria) to provide a corporate message for the program or other publications relating to any key events, as negotiated with Regional Arts Victoria.
- Draft messages and/or suggested content must be sent with a formal request to the specified Regional Arts Victoria representative a minimum of 3 weeks prior to the print deadline. Information provided should not duplicate other messages.
- When requesting a corporate message, the Project Leader must indicate whether an electronic signature and/or photo is required to accompany the message.
- All materials that contain the Logo Device (see above) or a text acknowledgement of support must be forwarded to Regional Arts Victoria for approval at least 2 days before they are finalised/sent to print/published online.
Publicity and Media
- The Project Leader will include appropriate recognition of the Victorian Government’s support of, and Regional Arts Victoria's role in managing Small Town Transformations when seeking media coverage.
- The Project Leader will forward via email to Regional Arts Victoria’s Marketing & Publicity Manager a copy of all media releases in relation to the Project for approval not less than 2 days prior to release.
- The project leader can request a quote from the Victorian Government in its releases in consultation with Regional Arts Victoria.
- The Project Leader is required to advise Regional Arts Victoria of any one-off or ongoing matters that may attract media attention (positive or negative) as soon as they arise.
- Regional Arts Victoria will work with the organisation to determine the appropriate course of action.
- The Small Town Transformations relationship with the Victorian Government is managed by Regional Arts Victoria.
- Through Regional Arts Victoria, the Project Leader must invite key government representatives to Project activities.
- Invitations should be sent to Regional Arts Victoria for the Minister for Creative Industries at least 28 days prior to the relevant program activity.
- Through Regional Arts Victoria, the Project Leader should invite the Minister for Creative Industries to officiate at key events (including media launches, announcements and opening functions).
- Through Regional Arts Victoria, an official letter of invitation should be sent to the Minister from the Chair/CEO or their representative detailing date and time of event, the exact time the Minister is expected to attend, role the Minister is expected to take (e.g. keynote speaker, present award, open exhibition etc.), and details of other speakers. It is recommended that this is sent to Regional Arts Victoria as early as possible.
- Details of the Minister’s participation in the event should not be included in your invitation or any other public collateral, without prior approval through Regional Arts Victoria.
- If the Minister for Creative Industries, or a delegate, agrees to officiate at an event, the Project Leader is expected to work with Regional Arts Victoria to develop a detailed event brief (event details, VIP list, background information, order of proceedings) and draft speaking points using the State Government event brief template.
- The Project Leader is accountable for the content and quality of advice provided in event briefs to the Minister. These must be finalised for event briefs and speech notes not less than 7 working days before the event.
Further information and guidance on these requirements can be obtained by contacting Graham Coffey, email@example.com.